Your child will be invited to join a book club just for Project Moxie mentors! It will unlock on the eighth day of play.
Hosted by Knox, the very first Project Moxie mentor, the club includes books that have been carefully curated so that your child will have a wonderfully engaged and interactive experience while reading with Moxie.
When your child reads one of these books to their robot, Moxie will respond with sound effects and animated reactions, and will engage your child in a targeted question and discussion session after reading.
This activity supports cognitive goals of inferencing, predicting, and comprehension. Your child will also help Moxie explore the social and emotional themes presented in the books.
Moxie will delight in hearing anything your child chooses to read out loud but special effects and discussions are specifically a part of the book club experience.
Knox will recommend a new book every seven days. Here are the first eight book titles. The books can be checked out of the library or purchased at most major retailers.
- We Don’t Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig
- Waiting is Not Easy! By Mo Willems
- Olivia by Ian Falconer
- A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss