Here are some tips for setting up the ideal environment for a great first interaction with Moxie.
Place Moxie in an Ideal Environment
- Have Moxie sit on a stable surface at least 3 feet from objects and walls so that Moxie has room to move its arms and turn.
- Have your child sit directly in front of Moxie about 1-3 feet away in a well-lit room, facing Moxie at eye level. This will help Moxie see and hear your child clearly! We recommend having other members of the family sit outside of Moxie’s field of view during your first interaction.
Reduce Background Noise
- A quiet environment is needed when speaking with Moxie. Any background noise whether it be the TV, people talking, or the radio may hinder Moxies ability to understand you.
- Moxie will display a blue light bar on its chest when it is ready to listen. For more information on light bar colors and their meaning, click here!
Explore Accessibility Features
- Use phrases and commands to help direct Moxie’s conversation. These commands can be found in your User Guide and in your child's Mission Book and in the Moxie Robot App in the assistant tab or by clicking here!
- Explore the Accessibility Features in the Moxie Robot App to adjust the interactions with Moxie. Click the Account tab, and in Profile & Personalization there are different settings you can adjust.
Watch a short video for a recap of things you should know before meeting Moxie: