Here are some tips for setting up the ideal environment and for a great first interaction with Moxie:
- Connect Moxie to a strong wifi connection.
- Have Moxie sit on a stable surface at least 3 feet from objects and walls so that Moxie has room to move its arms and turn.
- Interact with Moxie in a well-lit room.
- Have your child sit directly in front of Moxie about 1-3 feet away, facing Moxie at eye level. This will help Moxie see and hear your child clearly! We recommend having other members of the family sit outside of Moxie’s field of view during your first interaction.
- Moxie will display a blue light bar on its chest when it is ready to listen and a pink light bar when it is talking.
- Use phrases and commands to help direct Moxie’s conversation. These commands can be found in your User Guide and in your child's Mission Book.
- Ask Moxie to speak louder or softer to control the volume by saying "Moxie please speak up" or "Moxie please speak softer". Moxie's volume can also be controlled through the Parent App.
- If you need to put Moxie on hold so you can talk to your child, just say "Moxie, earmuffs" and Moxie will stop listening and responding until it hears "Moxie, please listen to me".
- Explore the Accessibility Features in the parent app to adjust the interactions with Moxie.
Watch a short video for a recap of things you should know before meeting Moxie:
Article is closed for comments.