It is helpful to know what icons you are seeing throughout the pairing process. Please refer to Setting Up Moxie: Face Icons to make sure your Moxie is ready to read the QR code.
If you are still having trouble pairing Moxie, here are a few things you can try below!
Try Adjusting the QR Code Distance and Brightness
- While showing Moxie your QR code, start close to Moxie’s face and slowly move your phone away from and back toward Moxie's screen until it scans.
- Increase the brightness on your device to see if that helps with the pairing.
Remove Anything Blocking Moxie’s Camera
- Make sure you have removed the plastic screen protector. If this is still on while trying to pair, Moxie may not be able to scan the QR code clearly.
- Moxie needs a clear view of the QR code so items like privacy glass phone cases or other objects may interfere with the QR code.
Reboot and Try Again
- If you still have trouble after trying the steps above, reboot by turning Moxie off and back on again with the power switch under its base. Then attempt the pairing process again.
If you are running into any error messages, please contact our customer support team by clicking submit a request in the upper right corner of this page or at support.embodied.com.