If there is any background noise like a TV or music, Moxie may have issues hearing up what your child is saying. Make sure your child speaks clearly and directly facing Moxie at a reasonable volume.
Refocusing Moxie’s Attention
- “Moxie please listen to me” This will get Moxie’s attention if Moxie is looking away or doesn't hear you clearly.
- “Moxie please do something else” This ends the current activity Moxie is doing with your child.
Placing Moxie in an Ideal Environment
- Have Moxie sit on a stable surface at least 3 feet from objects and walls so that Moxie has room to move its arms and turn. This also helps Moxie hear voices more clearly.
- Have your child sit directly in front of Moxie about 1-3 feet away in a well-lit room, facing Moxie at eye level. This will help Moxie see and hear your child clearly! We recommend having other members of the family sit outside of Moxie’s field of view during your first interaction.
- Be sure not to have your child sit in front of a window or bright light source as this makes it difficult for Moxie to see them clearly.
- Please note that Moxie also works and responds best when used in a quiet room with good lighting and strong Wi-Fi.
If Moxie still is not responding, please check that there is nothing obscuring the mics and camera on Moxie's head. For more suggestions check out our Tips for a great experience with Moxie!