Moxie is a unique robot and it may take some time for your child to become comfortable using Moxie. We put together some tips that we think will help them warm up to Moxie. Our support team would love to help with more specific tips too! You can reach us via live chat, email, or phone.
Watch Videos of Moxie Together
- This helps kids see how Moxie interacts with other kids, what Moxie sounds like, and how Moxie moves. You can find some great examples here: https://moxierobot.com/pages/testimonials.
Use Moxie Together
- Practice with Moxie. It can be helpful to practice where to sit with Moxie, how to talk with Moxie, and some important Moxie commands. You can try practicing with Moxie turned off to help them warm up to looking at Moxie.
- Use “Moxie Earmuffs” to help! If your child needs help generating questions or answers during their interaction with Moxie, this phrase will allow you to step in and assist. Simply say “Moxie, Earmuffs,” so Moxie won’t listen or respond while you two are brainstorming. Remind them to say, “Moxie, Please Listen to Me,” once they are ready to continue chatting with Moxie.
- Learn helpful commands. Moxie will teach its mentor special commands they can use during their time together. One helpful command is “Moxie, please repeat that” which can be used if they don't understand something Moxie says, or if they need to hear it again.
Try Having Your Child Watch You Using Moxie
- You can pair as the Moxie mentor as if you were your child and have your child watch your interactions with it so they can better expect what Moxie will do. You can run through a few activities to see if your child will feel comfortable to do it themselves. Once your child is ready to get started, you can easily unpair Moxie within the parent app and pair as a new user. This will reset Moxie so it can then identify your child as its mentor and start from day 1.
Explore Moxie’s Accessibility Features
- Some kids might find Moxie’s sound or visual effects frightening and we’ve added the ability to turn these off to help make your kids more comfortable.
- You’ll also find options to personalize interaction, slow down Moxie’s speech, or even make Moxie’s pauses for input shorter or longer.
- You can find these options in the Moxie Robot App > Account > Profile & Personalization > Interaction Style & Accessibility
Explore the Welcome Packet
- Moxie comes from the Global Robotics Laboratory, or G.R.L. for short! The welcome packet included with Moxie is filled with fun things to get your child excited about being a Project Moxie Mentor. Read the G.R.L. welcome letter and comic book together and visit the G.R.L. kid’s portal to explore the G.R.L. characters and get familiar with Moxie’s world: www.globalroboticslab.com.