Yes! We absolutely recommend going through the setup process before introducing your child to Moxie. There are two key pieces of setting up Moxie:
- Moxie Robot App account creation (can be done before Moxie arrives)
- Pairing Moxie to the App and WiFi network
Moxie Robot App Account Creation
When starting your account you will need to enter your information, your child's information, and go through identity verification via Privo.
- Where do I enter my (parent/guardian information) vs the child's information?
- What is Privo Identity Verification, why is it required, and how do I complete this step?
- Did you know you can set up the Parent App account before Moxie arrives?
During the holiday period, Privo support will be closed on Christmas day. Setting up the parent app account, and completing Privo Identity Verification before the holidays will ensure Embodied and Privo will be available to support you, should any issues arise.
Pairing Moxie to the App and WiFi Network
Follow the steps in the app to pair and connect Moxie to your WiFi network. Moxie will now complete the first software update. This update could take up to 30 minutes to complete, during which, Moxie will remain in an idle state and will not be able to interact.
Helpful links & Videos:
Support links for common issues during setup:
Please watch the video below for a quick overview of how to set up the parent app and Moxie: