Yes! We absolutely recommend going through setup before introducing your child to Moxie. There are two key pieces of setting up Moxie:
- Parent App account creation (can be done before Moxie arrives)
- Pairing Moxie to the App and WiFi network
1. Embodied Moxie Parent App account creation
To set up your Parent App account you will need to enter your information, your child's information, and go through identity verification (Privo Identity Verification).
- Where do I enter my (parent/guardian information) vs the child's information?
- What is Privo Identity Verification, why is it required, and how do I complete this step?
- Did you know you can set up the Parent App account before Moxie arrives?
PLEASE NOTE: During the holiday period, Privo support will be closed on Christmas day. Setting up the parent app account, and completing Privo Identity Verification before the holidays will ensure Embodied and Privo will be available to support you, should any issues arise.
2. Pairing Moxie to the App and WiFi network
To complete the setup process you will follow the steps in the app to pair Moxie to the app and completing the very first software update. This update could take up to 30 minutes to complete, during which Moxie will remain in an idle state and not able to interact with the child yet. If you would like for Moxie to be able to wake up and interact as soon as you introduce your child, we recommend going through this setup process before bringing Moxie in front of your child.
Helpful links & Videos:
Support links for common issues during setup:
Please watch the video below for a quick overview of how to set up the parent app and Moxie: